Workshop over 2 days
SATURDAYS / 20 & 27 March / 10AM – 4PM
We have designed an intensive 2-day workshop to give students the capacity to learn how to use Alcohol Inks. This course will give an in-depth application of this amazing medium from basic skill sets through to advanced techniques.
What are Alcohol inks?: brightly coloured dye based paints that are often used in creating abstract or free flowing textures and designs. They can be used on their own or in mixed media projects such as printing and stamping; jewellery making; fabric dying; and not to mention adding new life and colour to ceramic home décor items. As Alcohol Inks are still fairly new, the full potential of this media is still being explored and artists are discovering new techniques and options all this time.
We have picked a number of these techniques and designed a training program of 4 lessons to open the door on this media. Through the process of learning and experimenting with this media, we will move through this program step by step, through abstract and taming the inks to perform how you want them to…
Ever wanted to be a painter but felt you just can’t do it. This is your answer… I have taught many students who have not been exposed to painting with wonderful outcomes. You will be amazed with what you can achieve with this medium.
Over the 2 x 6 hour days we will cover the following topics:
- Intro, safety, surfaces and applications
- Different background techniques
- Large Abstract forms
- Taming the Inks – realistic artworks
- Incorporating stamps and other media
- Ink reactions with additives
- Sealing options
Over the course you will produce a number of sample works, a dictionary of marks to use as an ongoing reference, a variety of completed paintings.
What you get:
- An alcohol kit at a reduced price for attending students
- Practical hands on demonstration in a step by step teaching process
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- Class notes and reference materials
- Catered Lunch (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Fun, friendship and time for you
REFRESHMENTS: Tea, coffee, bottled water & soft drinks are available with a $2 donation
What to bring:
- Bring your own alcohol inks if you have them
- Cheap soft synthetic brushes (sizes #0, #2, Fan Brush, 00 long liner brush)
- Packet of Wet ones
- Q-tips (cotton buds)
- Paper towel
- Plastic Pallet
- 2 small glass jars with lids (similar to a spice jar/small vegemite jar)
- Thin black Copic Marker
- Thin White Copic Marker
- Other Permanent markers if you have them
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting a little messy
- Closed in shoes
- A delightful smile!
We have made up 2 kits for this course with all materials required for your convenience – just let us know in the comments section when booking.
- Accessories Kit + Yupo Paper – $45
- 10 Ink Colours with Accessories Kit – $95
Just need the Yupo Paper? You can choose and pay for this at the studio as you need
$195 full price
Suitable for ages 16+
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative Team building experience.
The Essentials kit of Alcohol Inks is available at Art Mania for a discounted price of $65, including 9 inks. Additional colours can be bought for $8 each on the day.