WORKSHOP / SUNDAY / 23 JUNE / 10am – 4pm
Clay Tile Art Workshop
Come join us, where you will:
- Investigate how to create beautiful impressions in clay
- Relief work enhanced with oxides using organic matter
- Discover how to use design elements to create a ‘WOW’ factor
- Create several works of your choice using clay slab techniques
- Learn how to add colour by using different glaze and oxide techniques
Capture a little of the ephemeral beauty of the garden by creating a set of decorative ceramic tiles to mount and display on the wall in a deep frame. This workshop is suitable for all skill levels, why not bring your teenager, perhaps your mum with you for a day of creativity!
If you have not worked with clay before this workshop offers a fun and rewarding introduction to ceramics. For more experienced potters you will gain new skills and enjoy a day of play with your favourite creative medium.
During this workshop you will learn the basics of slab-building with clay and lots of tips to get the best results from your creative efforts in this tactile artform. You will create a set of tiles and then decorate them with leaves and flowers from the garden. The final stage of the workshop will entail an introduction to glazing as you bring your pieces to life with a splash of colour, experiment with washes of oxides to give your works an outstanding finish. At the end of the day you will have created a set of tiles that, once they have been fired and clear glazed by the lovely staff of the Art Mania Studio, will be ready for collection to take home and prepare to hang on your wall displayed in a box frame, or perhaps mount on timber, used as trivets in the kitchen, the possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
What You Get:
- All materials including clay
- Tools to use on the day
- Under glazes and firing of your pieces
- Support, guidance and expert tuition
- A yummy catered lunch (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Fun, friendship and time to play
Tea, coffee and a selection of soft drinks available for a $2 donation.
What to Bring
- Your gorgeous self
- Closed in shoes
- Warm clothes in cooler months
- Apron and/ or clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Any tiny treasures from your garden or memorability that you might like to immortalise in ceramics
$180 full price
$50 deposit to secure your spot
Suitable for ages 16+ ( younger ages if accompanied by a participating adult – please discus with the studio)
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.