5 WEEK BLOCK COURSES / WEDNESDAY / COMMENCES 14 JANUARY / 6 – 8:30PM
Glass fusing has a world of possibilities! Create truly unique pieces for visual enjoyment, functional aesthetic pieces, garden art, wearable art & more!
Once you have learned the techniques, you can continue to cultivate your skills and explore what is waiting to be created: the option to access the Art Mania Studio kiln to complete further works is available on a negotiated fee for use basis.
Material requirements and associated costs will be discussed by the tutor at your first class.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the Glass Fusing Class in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff at Art Mania Studio.
What you get:
- Guidance & expert tuition from your teachers, Andrew Clarke and Fee Madigan;
- Tools to use on the day
- Learning to cut glass
- Instruction on warm glass practises (fusing)
- Using crushed glass to create landscapes, seascapes & a multitude of other options
- Repurpose practises & understanding on how to use all your glass scraps to create artworks
- Guidance on creating anything from serving platters & functional pieces to unique & stunning wall feature pieces
- Time for you, friendship and fun
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Apron (optional);
- closed in shoes;
- towel / tea towel;
- black 0.7 Sharpie permanent marker and a thin white paint pen (available from Office Works or newsagents);
- 100ml of eucalyptus oil
- Safety Glasses;
- Your creativity
BEGINNERS $300 full price $75 deposit to secure your spot
RETURNING STUDENTS $225 + materials $75 deposit to secure your spot
5 WEEK BLOCKS (Start anytime during Term 3)
Suitable for ages 16+ years