WEEKLY ON-GOING CLASSES | 5 WEEK BLOCKS
Please specify which block would you like to attend in the comment section in purchase form.
MONDAY EVENINGS / 6 – 8:30PM
- BLOCK 1 : 3 – 31 May
- BLOCK 2: 7 June – 12 July
- BLOCK 3: 19 July – 16 August
THURSDAY MORNINGS / 10AM – 12:30PM
- BLOCK 1 : 29 April – 27 May
- BLOCK 2: 3 June – 1 July
- BLOCK 3: 8 July – 5 August
What is Glass Fusing?
Fusing is the technique of joining two or more pieces of glass by heat in a kiln. There are many different glass fusing techniques which can potentially expand a lifetime of interest and exploration. Art Mania Studio has a number of kilns set up ready to process your creative projects once you complete the ground work in class. Fee has a depth of knowledge and passion to pass onto her students and teachers working with her.
‘I feel many people think of glass and a difficult medium to work with, and often reflect similarities to that of stained glass windows, yet they are worlds apart on the scheme to things.
Fee began her glass fusing journey over 23 years ago, commenced teaching in Newcastle 10 years ago and regularly attends Melbourne to advance her skill set, enabling her to take her teachers and students further into the glass fusing world.
For those who are interested in almost instant outcomes – this one is for you. In our 5 week beginners level you will have the choice of project, colours and how you would prefer it to feel once it has gone through the kiln process. Some students have made a glass piece each week (depending on size), so the courses offered are certainly fruitful.
As everyone has different tastes and colour choices, the course does not cover materials costs, we leave that for the student to choose what appeals to them at the time. There are many exciting samples in the gallery area at the studio to see just how stunning this medium is once it is completed.
Do you need a support worker? We have art-trained support workers ready to meet you and support your creative experience- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What you get:
- Guidance and expert tuition from your teachers, Andrew Clarke and/or Fee Madigan;
- Tools to use if you are a beginner
- An understanding of glass and techniques to move forward
- Inspiration from other students who are working on different projects
- A huge selection of glass, other materials and tools to choose from in our retail section
- The option to purchase your own tool kit once you have decided this is something you wish to carry on with, and available for purchase at any time
- Fun, friendship and time for you
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for gold coin donation
What to bring:
- Apron and/or clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Closed in shoes
- Towel / tea towel
- Black 0.7 Sharpie permanent marker and a thin white paint pen (available from Office Works or newsagents)
- Safety Glasses
- Long hair tied back
- Water & snacks
- If you are a returning student after a 5 week block, we require you to buy your own tools which are available at any time
- Jacket or similar in cool weather
BEGINNERS $320 full price + any additional materials & kiln firing
RETURNING STUDENTS: $250 + materials and kiln firing
CASUAL CLASSES: $70 per session
Suitable for ages 16+ years
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.