WORKSHOP / SATURDAY 27TH FEB / 10AM – 2PM
LOCATION: WETLANDS CAMPUS
NOTE: Due to numbers, we are now offering Creative Journaling AND Self-Care Journaling in this workshop. You can focus on just one, or do both!
Do you enjoy playing with paper, stickers, markers, washi tape? Creating collages with vintage paper? Addicted to stationery? Want an opportunity to reflect on the year and think about the year ahead?
Creative journaling mixes writing and paper craft to create a fun reflective experience. Make a creative record of your thoughts, goals, experiences. Not a writer? Not a problem. Creative journaling is for you, no one else. Write as little or as much as you like. It’s your experience.
Not feeling creative enough? The beauty of creative journaling is that you don’t need to be an expert. Art materials are provided, all you have to do is assemble them in a pleasing way on the page. Our teacher Bek is there to guide you, show examples, offer suggestions or just let you do your own thing.
When did you last take time for yourself? Thought about what you want and need? How are you planning to look after yourself this year?
Journaling for self-care has a focus on you, and how best to look after yourself. We will explore the different areas of self-care and your journaling will help you make a plan on how to care for yourself as the year progresses. Self-care is more than just bubble baths and massages- it is an approach to looking after your well-being in all areas of your life.
This session will be positive and non-judgemental, focusing on your strengths and using all our fun journal materials (washi, paper, gel pens, stickers etc) to make creative spreads.
Journaling is a relaxing activity that helps you connect with yourself and calm those racing thoughts. Join us in the beautiful scenery of the Wetlands, in a supportive and non-judgemental environment.
What you get:
- A beginner journal to keep, and that can be reused for the other journaling workshops
- Support, guidance and expert tuition on how to create organisational systems that work for you, as well as journaling techniques and tips
- An introduction to common tools and materials used for journaling
- All materials provided such as gel pens, markers, washi tape, stickers, vintage paper, coloured papers and other fun materials to use on the day
- Fun, friendship and time for you
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Glasses (if you wear them)
- A smile!
- Lunch, water and snacks
- If you already have favourite pen/marker/materials feel free to bring it along
- If you have a photo of a keepsake or something special you want to incorporate, bring it along
- We will have special journal packs for sale at the workshops, so bring some spare cash if you want to buy one.
$120 full price
Suitable for ages 14+
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative Team building experience.
The Essentials kit of Alcohol Inks is available at Art Mania for a discounted price of $65, including 9 inks. Additional colours can be bought for $8 each on the day.