- SUNDAY 28 MARCH / 10:30 – 3:30PM
Resin River and Timber Creations
The creation of resin and timber together is all on trend and is a lovely mix of old and new feel. This workshop will provide you with the knowledge to create your own pieces combining resin and timber. It is a great starting point to creating resin river tables and art works.
This class is suited for beginners, intermediates and advanced creatives looking to pick up some more knowledge around the techniques used to include timber. We will take you through all of the steps required from the beginning to the end to create your very own timber and resin piece. The class is a mix of discussion, practical demonstration and as much hands on experience as possible.
You will learn all aspects including:
- What is resin and safety required using it
- Discuss the resins on the market and which are best suited
- Explore the mixing of different pigments and colours
- Timber preparation required for achieving the best finish
- How to get the best results from your resin and troubleshooting
- Techniques in sanding and polishing for the best results
Join this fun filled 5 hour workshop, create your very own resin and timber piece. This workshop will give you the knowledge to create your very own timber and resin creations.
You will complete a timber and resin river creation, with a little sanding to complete at home. Project sizes will vary as the timber slabs/burls are never the same. The project photos provided to date, are of a timber and resin serving board, however in this workshop, you will work with live edges facing in toward the middle with the gap between filled with resin. The knowledge obtained can be applied to any timber and resin project, up to much larger projects. The classes come with ongoing support that is just a phone call or an email away.
You will gain the knowledge and know how to finish off your piece created in the workshop at home. As the resin takes time to dry, you will need to organise a time after 48 hours to collect your project to then apply the finishing touches to complete.
All materials are provided along with refreshments and a fresh healthy catered lunch. It is recommended that you don’t wear clothes that are your Sunday best.
What you get:
- Knowledge of epoxy resin techniques when used with timber
- ongoing support and knowledge to assist your future resin projects.
- In depth knowledge and guidance from an experienced artist and instructor
- All materials provided
- Create your very own resin and timber masterpieces using natural timber
- Catered Lunch (please add a note when booking if you have any dietary requirements)
- Choice of an extensive range of pigments and colour additives
Tea, coffee and soft drinks available for a $2 gold coin donation
What to bring:
- An apron and clothes to work in
- Closed in shoes
- An open heart
- Snack and water
- A positive attitude
- A warm smile
- Long hair tied back
- Excitement and an open mind
$ 370 full price
** Due to the nature of this product we restrict age to over 16 years and it is not recommended for use for expecting mothers.
GOT A GROUP? Want to have a workshop tailored for you? Group packages available for all our workshops. Get in touch today!
Corporate Team Building workshops are being delivered to businesses across Newcastle and beyond. We can come to you or get out of the office for a day and enjoy a creative team building experience.