- SATURDAY /10 April / 10AM – 3PM
Location: Wetlands campus
Students will learn to make a unique wall hanging creation using found objects, natural materials (such as seed pods, gum nuts, leaves, grasses, bark, twigs) and other materials such as cord, textiles, felt, leather and fabrics. In fact there is nothing that we can’t look at as options to include in this project.
You will enjoy the air conditioned comfort of the Wetlands Centre and the peaceful natural scenery. The perfect environment to inspire creativity!
Enjoy working with organic materials to create a variety of options in this nature based workshop. Learn the techniques to create a beautiful feature piece for your wall.
What you get:
- Support, guidance & expert tuition
- General weaving materials will be provided, we will also have access to some materials from the natural environment at the Wetlands
- The Wetlands have a fully serviced cafe where you can purchase lunch or bring your own
- Fun, friendship & time for you
- Your finished artwork will be approx. 70×50 cm, however if you are wanting a bigger size there will be options for you to continue completing this at home for a larger scale work.
What to bring:
- Any organic matter, including textiles you may want to include as well as keepsakes or other objects you would like to try imbedding into your artwork.
- If you would like to make a weaved lamp shade, please bring a lampshade frame with you, the straighter the shape, the easier to weave (not a curvy design).
- Wear old clothes or bring an apron
- Water and snack, BYO lunch or purchase from Wetlands café
$185 full price
Suitable for ages 14+ years